Friday, June 26, 2009

About Last Night...

Well, more like "About Yesterday", but I digress.

Yesterday was our little roadtip down to Madison to see ROTF in IMAX. It was a fairly uneventful, except towards the very last leg of the journey. More stupid road debris, what appeared to be pieces of a truck tire. This time it cost us a back tire. At least it wasn't the damned front windshield, thank Primus.

I wasn't able to take too many shots of the theatre; I got maybe two good ones. But I'm not complaining too much. I was there for the movie.

And what a movie it was. Prime summed it up best when we watched the last of the credits: "Critics are morons." For those of you who haven't seen it yet, I won't spoil it. But it's safe to say that if you enjoyed the first, you'll enjoy the hell out of this. (I'd write a full review, but I refuse to act like a film critic. I watch what the hell I like, dammit.)

We didn't stay in Madison long; once the movie was over we headed back home. But we did stop at a nearby convenience store to get some more air in the donut that is supposed to be a spare tire. That wasn't all we got. I (finally!) found the Snickers nouga-bot bars. I grabbed four. (Haven't eaten them... yet. I intend to savor them and save the wrappers. So much cute yellow goodness.)

But oh yes, much awesomeness. And I want to go and see it again.... and again.... and again... and.....

--Weasel, "I'm not addicted. Really, I'm not..."

3 comments:

Methusalen said...

Sucks to hear about the tire. Glad you liked the film though!

As for the Nouga-bot Snicker bars, did you know about the M&M/Snickers Transformers candy dispenser offer from Target?

http://www.transformerscandydispenser.com/OFFICIAL_ORDER_FORM.pdf

I've only got two bags purchased so far, but I have plans on getting the other 3 before too long...

daiatlas said...

Definitely was worth it, wasn't it, you 2?

I specially loved the part where Bee expresses his disapproval of Alice with the songs he plays back.:)

~Daiatlas

Weasel said...

Methusalen, thanks for the head's up. I really didn't know they were doing that. (I also didn't know they were doing nouga-bot minis. Must... buy.... multiple bags...)

DA, the movie was great. I just wished that Sam would have gotten the hint about Alice. (Looks like Bumblebee does not approve of cheating. I knew there was a reason I liked him.)

And Jetfire was awesome. I loved him to pieces. May Fun Pub get Mark Ryan back for next year's con; I need a few Jetfires autographed! XD