Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Man in the Mirror

I talked to my mother last night. Nothing terribly Earth-shattering, except this:

One of my aunts died suddenly. It happened this past Novemeber. She was fine in the morning, but when my uncle came back from work she had been dead for several hours. No one is really sure what happened.

Because of this, one of my uncles has decided to open up a restaurant. He's never been the type to take risks, but he's willing to start chasing his dream now. He figures he doesn't have a hell of a lot to lose, economy be damned.

I'm ready to start taking a few risks of my own. I'm thinking I don't have a lot to lose, either.

I started a fanfic last month. I'm giving myself until the end of this year to have it finished. Plenty of time, I'm thinking. After that is done, completely edited and as perfect as it will get, I'll start on something bigger.

I'm going to try and start on a manuscript. Fuck it, I'm going to take the plunge. Really now, what the hell do I have to lose? Better to at least try and chase my damned dream than sit on my ass and do nothing.

Here's hoping I don't screw it up too badly.

2 comments:

daiatlas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Weasel said...

He's certainly been a huge help. I just feel... well, shocked to put it mildly. The thing that's really getting to me is that no one knows what happened. There's no closure and as crazy as it may sound, I'd really like to have some on this.