Friday, June 19, 2009

The Week From Hell

(You might notice that things look different here. It's all thanks to Prime and I'm giving him a huge shout-out for his hard work. He did it all and I really appreciate everything. Thanks for bringing the blog into the modern age, big guy! It looks great and I love it!!)

Is it over yet? Because this week has completely and totally kicked the hell out of my ass. I am not even kidding.

This past Saturday I had to call into work. I was so blasted ill-feeling that I did not want to move. In fact, I felt so bad that I was afraid I was about to spew while I was on the phone. I spent most of Saturday laying in bed, praying to Primus that I wouldn't lose control of my own damned stomach. Not fun, I tell you.

Sunday was a bit better. Monday went straight to hell, though.

Monday was incredibly full of stupid. More than usual. I won't go into the details, but it was bad. Felt miserable at work, but managed to score a Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen microfiber throw. I know this one will keep me quite warm; it's got Bumblebee on it. Sooooooooooo cute. :)

I was off Tuesday, but it didn't get any better. Well, things were fine... until dinner.
I had just finished cooking my dinner in the microwave and was trying to get the bowl out. The bowl, which contained very hot liquid, refused to cooperate. Instead of sliding out, it tipped and spilled--all over my right hand and wrist.

I screamed loudly. Prime thought I was being attacked by a huge venomous spider. I manged to choke out a "No" and shoved my arm under the now running faucet. Prime raced upstairs, saw the mess and asked what happened. I had to force myself to speak, I was hurting that much.

I went upstairs and soaked my wrist in the bathtub for at least an hour. It was pretty badly scalded but it never blistered, thank Primus. (The frightening thing was it looked as if it was trying to blister. When I noticed that, I shoved my arm back under the faucet.) Needless to say, my dinner was ruined. Had to order pizza instead.

As of right now, my wrist is bandaged. It's still a nice shade of MSPaint red, but it doesn't hurt so badly. I've been coating it with aloe vera gel (which is slowly staining my skin Smurf blue), taking Advil PM to help me sleep at night and soaking it in cool water to keep the pain at bay. It's healing, but trying to move my wrist can be irritating at its best and outright painful at its worst. The worst thing? I'd love to cuddle with my Slumblebee right now (it would make me feel so much better) but I'm afraid to touch him. The last thing I want to do is stain him. Right now, I'm afraid to even touch my clothing or blankets; I don't need any of my stuff spattered with blue splotches.

But things are getting better. My store now has a nice big display of ROTF voyagers and deluxes parked in front of the toy department. And I managed to snag myself a Cannon Bumblebee. The picture on his cardback is utterly adorable; in robot mode he has this "Who, me?" look on his face. It almost looks as if he was caught with one hand in the energon-goodies jar and he's trying to play innocent. Seriously cute, believe me.

Next week will rock. I'll be seeing ROTF in IMAX. I can barely wait. (Wonder if I should take Slumblebee along? You know, just for fun.)

And Bumblebee's track record remains unbeaten. Have a few crappy days, the little bugger manages to pop up. Weird.

--Weasel, "I swear, you'd think he was my guardian angel this happens so often..."

4 comments:

Methusalen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
daiatlas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Weasel said...

Methusalen, I got kinda lucky with Cannon 'Bee. I managed to grab him from a display at my local Wal-Mart. Be careful of his windshields; I saw scratches on a few of them.

And I just got a Bumblespud of my own today. I can barely wait to get him out of the box.

DA, I can't wait to see ROTF in IMAX. It's going to be my birthday present. Forget the cake, I want giant robots and explosions!

And the Guardian strikes again! Talk about the perfect ending to a crappy week... XD

Anonymous said...

Hope you are healing fast and well. Sounds like it could have gotten far worse had you not acted so quickly and thoroughly...well done.

Get well soon.