Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pardon Me While I Bitch a Little...

I'm not feeling the greatest at the moment; been a little sick for the past few days. It's getting better, but the whole 'coming-and-going' thing is irritating as hell.

I'm really sick of work. The amount of BS I've been putting up with seems to have increased exponentially. And I don't know how much more I can take.

For the past few days, I've been stuck on normal registers. Everyone knows how much I love being away from my self-checks (I don't...and a lot of other cashiers simply don't know how to run them...or don't care). If I haven't been doing that, then I've been stuck people greeting. Not something I enjoy, though I'm actually decent at it. (Hell, I actually know how to use the damned Telxon and printer. Most everyone else doesn't or won't.)

Customers are stupid, management doesn't know what the hell is going on and I'm feeling burnt out. AGAIN.

I miss BotCon already, and who knows when it'll be next year.

And I get it, I hate my job, why don't I find another one, yadda yadda. If it were really that simple...

5 comments:

The Culture Ghost said...

I just posted a piece about how stupidity flows uphill regarding my work situation; you have my sympathy.

I'm trying to make my peace with my employment scenario right now. My job bores me to tears and I really no longer believe in what I'm doing, but I am fairly well compensated for doing next to nothing. And then there's that benefits package (which happens to bloody good and would be almost impossible to replicate elsewhere at this point). They've also been very nice to me during the course of my illness. And making major career changes in this economy just doesn't seem to the best gamble to take...so I sit it out and attempt to find some solace in it all.

Methusalen said...

At least you are doing better off than I am at the moment, I'm not getting enough hours to make it worth driving into work anymore (I can count the hours I'm getting for this ENTIRE WEEK on ONE HAND!).

I've gotten to the point where Company Loyalty means nothing if the company won't have any loyalty to *ME*. I will begin job hunting shortly, in the hopes that I can find somewhere else that's hiring... It's been hard enough keeping up on the bills, we can't keep it up if I can't get the work... FML.

Anonymous said...

That "Transformers" video startles the hell out of me when the page finishes loading...kind of funny.

Weasel said...

^ Yeah, it's caused me to jump a couple of times, which gets a chuckle out of me. XD (With the way this week has been, I need a few laughs.)

Methusalen, it's looking like they're trying to cut hours at my job as well. Worse still, we have a slag-load of new hires who are getting more shifts than most of us "veterans". It's scaring the hell out of me, honestly. And this stupid damn economy isn't helping matters.

To hell with getting a life. I need myself a damned good fantasy.

Methusalen said...

Well, I wish us both the best of luck regarding our working situations, and I concur about the fantasy bit!