Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Getting Ready... Again

I hand-washed my Grimock shirt last night. It's hanging in the bathroom right now. It's almost ready to come off the hanger; the bottom hem is still slightly damp so it needs a few more hours. Once old Grimmy's dry, I'll take it down, fold it and put it with the other convention tees. Then on my next day off, I'll go ahead and pack them away.

It's been said that a man enjoys his vacation from the moment he makes his arrival, whereas a woman enjoys hers from the moment she starts packing. If that's true then I never stop enjoying BotCon, since I try to be ready for it so far in advance.

I really can't wait until next year. Sure it won't be as huge as this year's Con, but I need the break from reality. (This is where I can't help but say that Sam Witwicky was a bit of a moron; the absolute last thing I want is a normal life. Hey Sam, if you're that tired of it, I'll hang out with the robots.... and enjoy it!) I need a good nerding out to recharge the batteries so to speak. Too bad I'll have to wait a year.

Maybe I'll drag Prime to another viewing of ROTF; escaping the BS for a little while can only help.

--Weasel, "I could really use a good fantasy right now. Reality sucks."

3 comments:

Evil King Macrocranios said...

I don't know how to write this without sounding like a commercial, but have you seen the ROTF Bumblebee stylus and mod kit for the DS? I saw the mod kit at Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago when the game came out and the stylus was at TRU yesterday. There's a certain level of nerding out that getting those things can bring.

Anonymous said...

And I thought I prepared early for Botcon, considering that in recent years during the fall & winter before Botcon happens, I start to set aside allocations of funds for most things - preregistration, airline fare, lodging, spending money et alia. During the late part of the year I when I start to work massive amounts of overtime to raise the necessary funds & still keep paying my regular bills, bills, bills.=)

Which is why I'm always on pins and needles wanting to know what city the next convention will be in (distance from NorCal helps determine savings) as well as when preregistration goes online. The noble Savage is so, so, so so mean! When it comes to launching prereg, it becomes a stressful race against time to pay for everything you want & send the prereg away before the things & activities you want are sold. Year after year, it gets more...challenging. (I'm saying that last word with angst:()

~daiAtlas...BUDGETIZE! ;)

Weasel said...

Prime snagged me a BB body armor and stylus set from TRU, but Wal-mart had them?! Argh, my store sucks! (Never saw them there; Prime only spotted them at the TRU.)

I tell you DA, trying to get the cash together is getting tough. Prime has to have his slag ready to go at a moment's notice; the customization class fills up really quick. And trying to fax the forms in is a freaking pain! I wish Fun Pub would modernize. Or something.

I'm starting to think I should sell blood plasma. It might help offset the BC cost. But I'm scared to death of needles so that option may be out.