Tuesday, July 13, 2010

And Today in "What the Flying Fuck?!"

You know DA, I have to admit I'm seriously glad you're not going to SDCC this year.This is why.

Fred Phelps is going to Comic-Con. Can I get a "What the fuck?" here?!

His reasoning? Oh, it's stellar, trust me:


Are you kidding?! If these people would spend even some of the energy that they spend on these comic books, reading the Bible, well no high hopes here. They have turned comic book characters into idols, and worship them they do! Isaiah 2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made: 9 And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not. It is time to put away the silly vanities and turn to God like you mean it. The destruction of this nation is imminent - so start calling on Batman and Superman now, see if they can pull you from the mess that you have created with all your silly idolatry.

You know something, Freddie boy? I haven't called out to your god in a very long time. The last time I did, I was in my twenties and your god did absolutely nothing to help me. He simply sat on his heavenly posterior and watched me squirm. So I quit calling to him, since it's obvious he won't fucking answer.

Instead, I have called out to HIM. HE has answered. HE has granted mercy. So tell me, Freddie boy: which god is truly real? The one from your holy tome or the one from the damned comic book? Because I will tell you, the one from the comic has been much more helpful than the one from your tome. Make of that as you will.

--Weasel, hell bound idol worshipper and damned proud.

2 comments:

Kraneia said...

If religious fundimentalists spent half as much time practicing what they preached, I don't think we'd have half the wars going on.

While I like to believe such a person as Jesus existed, in no way am I going to tell another person he or she is wrong because their idea of God looks a little different than mine. That's just stupid.

Of course, I've seen some folks raise comic book characters to the level of gods, yes. But if you're following the tradition that we all meet "IT" sooner or later...why *not* have God look like Iron Man? Or a giant semi that transforms into a robot? (wink)

Personally, I think God as multipule personality disorder...and you tend to go with what makes sense to you. Think God is a woman? Ok, why not? My ex claims god is a giant raven totem. Weird, but ok.

Old Freddie there hasn't quite realized that you can lead a Christian to the bible, but you can't make 'em THINK.

My quaarter's worth
(it was two cents, but inflation took hold!!)

Anonymous said...

Yes, regrettably, SDCCI '10 won't happen for 2 reasons - tickets are unobtainable & just yesterday, my workplace denied my request for those days off.:(

No matter, I'll gladly flip him the bird. Just like you I'd rather lean on the TF's Primus than that Primadonna's fictional "god" (no upper case 'G' needed). My TF bible is better than that 'other' bible!:)

~daiAtlas, proud ex-christian