Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Coping

The first full week back to work is a killer. I have no real desire to be there and the memories of the recent convention just makes it harder for me to adjust. But once I'm through that first week of drudgery, I'm all right. Well, as all right as one can expect. But there have been changes, not all of them good.

The biggest? One of our good head cashiers has stepped down, thanks to management. They tried like hell to get him fired and he got sick of it, so he's stepped down and now he's at service desk.

I could cry. Seriously. He was the only head who was friendly and reasonable. Now management has pissed him off and we've fucking lost him. We're stuck with a bunch of fucking dumbasses who don't know what the flying fuck they're doing and who act rudely towards us simply because they can.

What a helluva way to start work after having the time of my life.

--Weasel, wishing it were June and she was in Cali...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, just what happens after you return from some R&R, the world you return to is upside down.:(

That is one of the reasons I'll never be a manager. I just don't believe in being that way to people, unless warranted...

~daiAtlas

Weasel said...

Ah ha! I knew it! Something told me if you were ever put in charge you'd be fair but stern if needed. (I still say you'd be a better leader than me. You've got a better brain in your head than I.)

What makes the sitch so bad is it might actually be discriminatory. Said former head is talking about transitioning and ever since he did, management has given him hell. Were I him, I might call the frigging ACLU....