Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Can Make It Until June, Right? Right?!

The last few days have progressively gotten worse at my hellhole workplace. On Wednesday, my store completely ran out of medium bags. So our bagging areas were full of large bags.

This was a disaster. They kept falling off the bagging area and couldn't stand up while we were placing items in them. Our speed dropped, the customers were pissed but management swore we were stuck with the damned things through the weekend. Someone screwed up our bag order and we were shipped a pallet of the wrong thing but we had to use them anyway.

There were customers cursing out cashiers over this. We also had customers howling at management over it but management did nothing.

At least, they didn't do anything until the store manager came back from his vacation. He got pissed and took care of everything.

Then two days ago, one of my co-workers got fired. She wouldn't give a reason, she just said it was a dumbass reason to get fired. But now we're short a cashier and we have the EAA Fly-In starting up this week. It is going to be hell.

Then there was today. One of the guys who works service desk volunteered to take a shift yesterday. Unfortunately, he couldn't make it; some punk ass broke out all his car windows. So when he tells management that he can't make it (for obvious reasons), he's told that it will count against him.

Needless to say, he won't be doing them anymore favors. He pretty much said he'll let them hang if they're ever in a bind. I can't blame him. He said it himself: we bend over fucking backwards for that place and all they do is screw us.

Primus, help me make it to next June. But as of right now, I don't know if I can pull it off.

3 comments:

Kraneia said...

::::BIIIIIIIG HUGS::::::

Reminds me of the time Sbarro ran out of *flour* and *cheese* because the truck was late. Charlie (the one who sounded like Jack Nicholson) sent me to the grocery store with some money to tide us over. Even so, it was a little weird standing in line to check out, with 6 5lb bags of flour and all the cheese I could fit in a grocery cart....Still wearing my Sbarro uniform.... You can bet I got some looks then, buddy. :-D

.........I'm almost afraid to ask, but what happens in June?

......And I bet if you dare to complain they use the "you should be grateful you HAVE a job" line. I think, "you ought to be grateful I haven't killed you yet... hahaha."

The Wallyworld here in Hickory is supposed to be taking out their self checkout things at some point. Too much stuff kept being "forgotten" to be scanned. Now they only open them if it's REALLY busy.

MORE hugs,
Scratch

Anonymous said...

Make it 'til next June? Yes, you will, and you shall. All you need is faith in...yourself. (I'm not kidding.) :)
~daiAtlas

Weasel said...

Scratch, what makes it so bad is management could have fixed the bag problem with a couple of phone calls. They've done it before; call a nearby store, see if they have extra bags and make arrangements. But they didn't even want to try it this time. They just made the front end suffer for someone else's stupidity. (The dull thudding you hear? My head slamming into a wall.)

Next June is BotCon. (Maybe we'll see Mr. Awesome AKA Michael Bay himself.) If I can make til then, I should be good. But right now, I just don't know anymore.

I miss my self checks. I really do. I'm the only one who tries to take care of the damn things but I never get them anymore. So I watch on the sidelines and watch them fall apart...

Aw man, DA.... :grabs everyone in a group hug and tries not to bawl: Thanks you guys.