Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Streak Continues

So I get to work today and the front end looks like hell. Again.

We're out of medium bags. Again. So we're stuck using the huge-ass bags. Again. But it gets even better.

It seems we had an order of medium bags that would have arrived soon, but it's not coming. Some jackass decided to cancel the freaking order. So we're stuck with the huge-ass bags, anywhere from a few days to two weeks.

Yep, you read that right. A bloody fortnight. I could cry.

When I get the hell out of the building, I am exhausted. I collapse in the car, wanting nothing more than to go home. Instead, Prime drove us to the other side of the building. He tells me to go back inside, head straight to the board games and buy what's been stashed behind one of them. Confused, I did as Prime asked.

What do I find waiting for me behind the games? A Powerbots Stealth Bumblebee.

Now, you remember how it is with me and 'Bee; I have a crappy few days and BAM! He shows up, as if to tell me that life doesn't suck as much as I'd like to think. It's quite a streak, believe me.

And it just continued. I think everything around me blows chunks and Primus sends a herald. Maybe, just maybe, I can make it through all this.

--Weasel, "Here's hopin'."

4 comments:

Kraneia said...

Walmart Blows...but at least it means you can grab all the good stuff... ;0)

.........Charles used to follow Walmart trucks, just for that *one special action figure*. Even if it was 4 am... :P

And your verficiation word for today is: rerrag. Which sounds like something your coworkers might be stuck on--!

Wooo,
Me

Weasel said...

Can't blame Charles for that. With the freaking secondary values on some of the rarer stuff, it's nuts.

Thankfully, what I love is pretty common.

And yeah, I'd say 99% of my coworkers are on the rag... even the guys. x.x

Anonymous said...

On a somewhat unrelated, note, until this week I was watching all of the TF G1 pre-movie, Scramble City, the animated movie and the post-movie episodes all in order for the 1st time ever in my life. (what an experience that was). If there's anything to be learned out of that for what you're going through right now, you can learn a thing or 3 from the episode, "The ultimate weapon."

How and why is that? Rodimus Prime has doubts about his capacity to lead up until the end of the episode, when he tells Galvatron his "ultimate weapon" is a bluff; the real ultimate weapon is your own mind.

That's why I said to have faith in yourself, as I struggle with that too. Brandish it judiciously throughout your life, and what you reap will be worthwhile id est, being in 1 piece to rendez-vous at BC '11 and enjoy it! The mere mortals, errr....normals, should I say, have no idea what they're missing.:)

~daiAtlas

Weasel said...

DA, I tell you, I keep trying to tell myself that I can deal with a lot of this crap but it's so slagging hard. Hell, I've even been wondering why in the slag I've been writing so much. There's this part of me that keeps wondering, "What's the point?" But I've been doing my best to shut it up.

It seems to be working. I've nearly hit the halfway point on a second notebook. Thank Primus for small favors. :)