Monday, September 12, 2005

SNAFU Part Deux

What the frak is wrong with our store manager? I mean, is he stupid or just retarded?

Okay, I get to work yesterday, get on my lane (#9) and notice that the phone on that lane is gone. Puzzled, I look around. Every checkout lane that used to have a phone no longer has one; they've all been removed. By now, I'm pretty confused. I know good and damned well that there is no way in hell (barring an act of God) that every frakking phone on the front lanes could possibly go down. So I asked a head cashier just what in the hell was going on, where the slag were our phones and her answer floored me: the store manager, aka Assface, had them all removed. Every last damned one of them (except one on lane 6, which is now marked "for management use only"). When I asked why, her response was even more shocking: seems Assface didn't like hearing any of us cashiers page. He thought we were doing it too much and worse still, we weren't "professional" enough for his taste.

Well, Assface has just managed to completely fuck himself.

There were only two reasons I ever used those damned phones: for price checks and for requesting perishable items pick-up. Now, I can't do either. Which means I'll be tossing a helluva lot more perishables (hey, how can anyone pick them up if I can't call the department?) and if a customer says that a $150 television is $50, they get it for $50 minus the $3 dollar credit we offer for mispriced items. (I can't call back to the department and check, now can I? I have to take the customer's word for it.) It goes without saying that our already low morale will sink even lower and our already low store profits will drop like a rock.

And I laugh. For in a few days, I'll be on vacation and won't have to see that hellhole for the next ten days.

--Weasel, thinking of hitting the "help wanted" sites in her area

No comments: