Monday, September 19, 2005

An Update

I want to give my readers (all 2 of them) a quick "head's up" as to what will be happening in the next few weeks.

First of all: today will be the last day that I will be making any major updates to Rhymes With Idiot. I'll be too busy on Tuesday and Wednesday to write anything, because of all my last minute preparations and such. On Thursday, I'll be flying out to Frisco, Texas for BotCon 2005 and won't be back until the following Monday. Expect a full BotCon report on Wednesday the 28th.

In early October, I'll be grabbing a copy of Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. Expect a few "blog-throughs" of my quest. A few days afterward, I'll be heading to Chicago's Navy Pier to get myself a Mystic Ticket at Pokémon Rocks America. Expect a report on that as well, although it will be quite a bit shorter.

After that, I'll be doing something a little different: I'll be baring my soul, so to speak. I won't go into the details just yet, but I'll be telling my side of a story that took place eight years ago. It'll be long, hard and a difficult read (and even harder to write) but I need to do this to help myself move on and let go.

Now, I know what you're going to say, "Let bygones be bygones, Weasel. Don't air dirty laundry." Well, it's been about eight years so this slag is hardly new, most everyone who knows me knows about it, and it's about frigging time I told my half of the story. Nobody else wanted to hear about it eight years ago, but by the Gods, they will hear it now, whether they like it or fucking not.

And that's pretty much everything. Today I'll be cleaning up the apartment, packing and hopefully doing a little bit of laundry later. Tomorrow, I'll be heading out to pick up a few essentials and Wednesday I'll help Prime pack his suitcase. (Squeal!) I can count the hours now!

--Weasel, "I'm going to BotCon! I'm going to BotCon! I'm going to BotCon! Wheeeee!"

No comments: