Monday, January 30, 2006

Busy, Busy

Had the day off; Prime did as well. Been doing some cleaning today, while Prime's been packing away some of our collection. He's wondering if we'll be ready in time. I'm pretty damn sure we'll be fine.

We've already let the landlord know that we're leaving at the end of the month; Prime sent a written notice and I called him not 15 minutes ago. I hope he's not too pissed about us leaving. He didn't sound upset over the phone, but we'll be leaving another vacant apartment that he'll have to find a way to fill. I almost feel as if I'm letting the poor guy down, in some strange way.

I'm a little surprised to find that I'm a bit sad at the prospect of leaving this place. We've been here for about five years. No, that isn't terribly long (I spent 18 years total on that little piece of property in NC), but it's long enough to make the place feel kinda like home. Yet I'm excited as well. We'll be moving into a place that will be truly ours. We'll have an entire room for our collection. I'll have a room for my own personal use. (Finally, a room for magick and worship! Hee!) We'll have a nice living room.... and a nice kitchen/dining area! We'll be near the waterfront! (Within walking or biking distance, but not so close as to end up in our living room.) We'll be close to a library! And a pool! It's so exciting that I can hardly wait!

In other news, Brad Pitt really is a bit of a shallow SOB, Exxon is getting richer (who knew?), and finally Alito won the cloture vote.

--Weasel, "So much packing to do, so little time.... I guess...."

No comments: