Thursday, December 30, 2010

And So It Goes...

Currently listening to: Who's Theme*

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. Usually by this time, I'm in full-on Nostalgia mode, not wanting the year to end as it always seems to go too fast.

That's not the case this time.


tsuretette
anata no basho e
kaze ni natte
iki wo hisomete
tsuretette
anata wa doko e
toki wo koe
kokoro hodoite


I want this year to end and I want it to end now. The last few months haven't been great, so I'd rather get through this slag and start looking forward to the future than get mired in the past.

yureru hi damari
shiroku tooku
ate mo shiranai
kioku hodoku
kaoru himawari imada ni chiranai
kinaga ni


Now, not everything about this year blew. I saw Trevor Hoffman's 600th save. I went to BotCon and hung out with my friends. I've all but completed a manuscript. And I spent another year with Prime. But the last two months haven't been so wonderful and I'd love nothing more than to leave that behind. And 2011 has a lot to look forward to, trust me.

oshiete yo subete wo shitteshimau fuan
nanoni naze shiritakunaru yuragu omoi wo

haru natsu aki fuyu kanadete
asu wo yuku tabi tsumikasanete
kidzukeba anata to
yume no hate made


In February, we'll have the start of Spring Training. March 6th brings us Pokemon Black and White and on the 31st is Opening Day. In April is DairyCon. June brings BotCon and July we'll see the release of Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Like I said, there's a lot to look forward to next year.

tsuretette
anata no basho e
kaze ni natte
iki wo hisomete
tsurete tte
anata wa doko e
toki wo koe
kokoro hodoite


Usually during this time of year, I 'm pretty much stuck in the past. I don't like looking forward and I'm not all that fond of change. But after November, a part of me changed.

mimi wo sumasete
tasogareru made
kakureta mama de
mukae matte
kimagurena kaze kikkake
mekurete omoide

ano koro nanigenaku kikoeteita kotoba
itsukara ka kokoro no naka
ookiku shimeru


The idea of looking back doesn't appeal to me as much. I think I'd rather look ahead at what's coming rather than sigh and weep for what's gone. I can't go back and change things. The past is over and done. It's best for me to simply keep walking, keep going to whatever destiny I may meet.

ano koro nanigenaku kikoeteita kotoba
itsukara ka kokoro no naka
ookiku shimeru


In other words, "No regrets." I can't change anything. Just accept it all and move on. If not, I will miss out on everything.

haru natsu aki fuyu kanadete
asu wo yuku tabi tsumikasanete
kidzukeba anata to
yume no hate made


Now, that doesn't mean I don't get nostalgic; I still do. Hell, I've been giggling my ass off thinking about Cincy lately! But I don't have this overwhelming urge to say, "If I had a frakking time machine, I'd go back and change (insert whatever incident here)."

Even if the damned machine existed, I wouldn't use it. There's no point. Just enjoy whatever life may bring, make new memories and be happy with what I've got. That's my motto now.


tsuretette
anata no basho e
kaze ni natte
iki wo hisomete
tsurete tte
anata wa doko e
toki wo koe
kokoro hodoite


Have a happy 2011, wherever you may be.




* Who's Theme was the ending song for the twelth episode of Samurai Champloo and one of my favorite songs. It has a dreamy quality about it and simply sounds like an ending. For those reasons, it seemed to fit for an end of the year type post. Hope you enjoy it.

No comments: