Monday, December 13, 2010

COMMUNICATIONS INTERRUPT: Most Wonderful Time of the Year, My Skidplate

So the first major snowfall of the year for Wisconsin has come and gone, thankfully. That was some fairly bitter scrapmetal, there, that made me wish I had had a snowblower canopy. Or a ski mask. Or a winter cap. (Well, Weasel took care of the latter pair last night. Think I'm on my own for the former.)

Damned wind could not seem to choose a direction and stick with it. North, south, east or west, it seemed whichever direction I pushed that ol' John Deere winter warhorse was against the wind, and the blown snow invariably wound up in my face and down my jacket. (Thankfully, Weasel was not in much position to lay optics upon my beardage displaying more white than usual; she would've tried to get a snapshot and I would've had to hit her in the face with the shovel I didn't want to use yet or something equally absurdly hilarious.)

Add to that the city's inexplicably quarter-assed (they're not getting credit enough for a pronouncement of half-assed from me) job of plowing the streets and I had a dammit-I-am-already-tired-of-this-slag series of moments in clearing the driveway and sidewalks. (How the city plows managed to leave several centimeters on the roads and yet create a 60cm wall in our driveway, I can't fathom.)

The city did finally make another pass-through this morning, it seems--there was a smaller wall in the driveway waiting for us to leave for work. Far easier to get Scamper up-and-over that.

I shouldn't complain too much, I suppose. This is my home state, I chose to live here, it could be said I dragged Weasel here...I may be a moron.

Just waiting for the next damned snowfall--

+++PRIME OUT+++

4 comments:

Kraneia said...

Had you posted this a couple of weeks earlier... I would've suggested moving to N.C.....But even we aren't safe, at least a few miles west of here.

I like snow, but not THAT much. You yanks can keep it, thanx.

aye,
scratch

Weasel said...

I don't mind it terribly much; it's the dark, overcast days that are a killer. SAD sucks a fat one, trust me.

And Prime? You knew my moving here was voluntary. I wanted to be here. Yeah, the below zero windchill blows (HA!) but I love it here. (And I'm totally snapping a pic of you the next time you get behind the snowblower!)

Kraneia said...

I wouldn't mind getting out of the south, myself. Nothing screams ignorant like spending millions of dollars on a NASCAR hall of fame, and then have to close 10 schools and cut back on the public services cause you have no money.

Yup. The south will rise again. Just you wait. :-D

If you need help with the SAD, I'd suggest going to a garden center and getting one of those lamps you put your plants under.The ones that mimic sunlight? All the fun and none of the skin cancer! Yeah!

(Just be sure you tell the cashier you aren't buying it to grow nothing illegal...lol)

Novelwriting...and tweets.. I seeeee youuuu... lol Don't forget us little people when your novel makes it big! ;)

Aye
Scratch

(Verfication word: AUCTSLY. When you outbid someone on Ebay at the VERY LAST FRIGGIN SECOND because OHMYGAWD you should SEE this thing!! )

Weasel said...

I should probably get a case of those blasted lights; the SAD goes completely nutbar at work because our damn lighting sucks. Not kidding, either. And don't get me started on the friggin' migraines I get there. Ugh. But then again, you get what you pay for and my job likes it cheap.

If I can get my skidplate published, the dedication to that novel is probably going to be three pages long, easily. I've got a lot of people to thank...