Monday, December 20, 2010

October Special in the Making?

It's been all over the news now: the Brewers now have Zack Greinke. I have to admit, I'm not all that thrilled with what we lost in the deal; we gave up Escobar and Lorenzo Cain to get Greinke and I really enjoyed watching Cain play. He was passionate and that always makes it fun. But I can't lie here: I have high hopes for Greinke as he wants nothing more than to get to the postseason.

I've got four words for you: Let's get him there.

2008 was a taste of "what could have been"--the Brewers could have gotten to the Series for the first time in 26 years. You have no idea how badly I want that. I want the Crew in the Series. And I want them to win. Ever since Prime got me hooked on this sport, I've wanted nothing more than to see the Crew winning the Series. I keep saying at the end of every season, "Next year."

Let's make this happen. I want 2011 to end with fireworks and not a whimper.

--Weasel, "Let's go Brewers! To the Series!"

No comments: