Wednesday, December 30, 2009

And It Starts Again...

Yesterday, I cleaned out my suitcase and washed my laundry. All of it. Anything that I hadn't worn in a few days got pitched in the washer.

The suitcase is empty, for now. But I'll probably be ready to pack up by the end of next week.

I know, I know... why in the hell would I want to get ready this soon? I've got damn near six months to wait.

Well, there's a saying: a man begins to enjoy his vacation the moment he arrives while a woman begins to enjoy hers the moment she starts to pack. It goes without saying that I want to enjoy every last second of BotCon. So I start as early as possible.

It's also one of the few things that helps to perk me up during winter. Knowing that I can grab my already packed suitcase and simply GO at the drop of a hat brings a smile to my face. It doesn't seem like much, but it means a lot to me. And considering the length of most Wisconsin winters, I'll steal whatever joy I can get.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to work on getting my toiletries done....

--Weasel, wishing for summer already.

1 comment:

Evil King Macrocranios said...

Speaking of Botcon, can you help me out with something? Remember in Pasadena when we were talking about that Ultra Magnus head radio? I have a friend who bought one and he's having trouble with the lights. Was there a trick to getting the lights to turn on? I can't remember if it was you who told me how to hack it so it'd work good.