Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I Wish

The shopping season is in full swing. I'm already exhausted.

Supposedly, we didn't have too much trouble on Black Friday; I didn't work that day so I can't be certain. We were "steady" this weekend--not crazy busy but busy enough. Monday was slow and Tuesday was nightmarish. I didn't get the self checks worth a damn which sucked. But not everything sucked.

For the past few weeks, I haven't seen head cashier Cathy at all. So I asked around a bit. Here's what I heard: Head cashier Cathy is on leave. She hurt her ankle and took an LOA. But the real kicker? She may not come back. Her husband may get permanent disability and if he does, she won't come back to work.

This is the same woman who screwed me out of the self checks every chance she got, who rode my ass constantly, who didn't know what the fuck she was doing and who panicked over the slightest thing.

Yeah, I'm hoping like hell her hubby gets disability for the rest of his life. If Cathy never steps foot in that building again, I'd be ecstatic.

--Weasel, "Now, if only I can make it to BotCon..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patience, my dear. Soon we shall know more about BC '10, yehssss...:)
~daiAtlas

Weasel said...

Sometimes, I think it's one of the few things that keeps me sane.