Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ten Years

He looks in the mirror and sees
a thousand things he'd like to change
like his hair
because it sticks out too much and
doesn't do what he wants it to
or his nose
'cause he doesn't like the shape and
the way it looks
or his deep barrel chest
because he thinks it's too big
and so many other things about himself that
just don't seem to measure up.

But I see things differently.

I see tousled hair that reminds me of
pleasant dreams and
lying next to the one I love or
a large chest that is perfect to
lean against when I am upset or lonely or
broad shoulders that I can lean on after
a hard day at work or
soft hands to hold onto when I am groping
in the darkness, alone.

In my eyes, I see perfection
no matter what others may say.

He sees a thousand things
he'd love to change about himself,
but I would never
change a thing.


I love you, Prime. Now, forever and always.

No comments: