Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back to the Real World

Yesterday was a recovery day of sorts; Prime and I did nothing more than relax and sleep. (He's feeling a bit better, in case you're wondering.)

Today's my laundry day. I've already got my black/grey load in the washer and my jeans are drying even as I type. I've hand-washed almost all of my 'Con tee shirts and they're now drying in the bathroom. I've only got one last shirt to wash and I'll be done with the clothes; when they dry they can then be packed for next year.

It begins again. I'm already doing my preps for next June. It gives me a little something to look forward to.

I've noticed something this time. I'm not as depressed this time around as I've usually been. I know when and where the 'Con will be taking place. Prime's already gotten our hotel room reserved. We can get better, cheaper flights this time around. I have an actual date on my pocket calendar that I can mark down. Whenever work starts sucking (which Primus knows it will), I can open it up and smile knowing that this too, shall pass. If I can get through the slag, I'll be fine.

In the next few months, I'll put in for the time off. (I won't be able to do it immediately because of that dumbass "no more than 180 days in advance" bullshit, but I will do it ASAP.)

Yes, it will not be easy getting back to the real world. There will be days I won't want to drag my sorry ass out of bed, but I'll be able to cope. I have something to look forward to. It doesn't seem like much, but it'll keep me going.

--Weasel, hoping her sorry skidplate might actually be published by next BotCon, that way her job won't suck as much...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Descending back down to the real world is never easy after experiencing the high known as BotCon. Still, it recharges our "batteries" enough to sustain us to life's good and bad events until the next one.:)

~daiAtlas

Weasel said...

The first week back on the job is always the toughest for me. I keep thinking how great things were at the 'Con and wishing that I was back there, hanging with my friends. Once I get past that, I'm usually good.

Next June can't come soon enough, though. ;)