Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Gettin' Schooled

So today Prime and I got up nice and early to hit the customization class. Together, we built a nice, shiny new G2 Sideswipe. I sorted some of the smaller parts and acted as the gofer while Prime put everything together and did the painting. (His hands are a lot more stable than mine, trust me.)

I took pics. I'll try and post a good one.

It's actually been a pretty quiet day. Tomorrow will be ever quieter; Prime will be helping out with the customizing class tomorrow and I'll be here in the hotel room, waiting for DA to arrive. It'll probably be my only "day of rest" before the party really starts.

Bring it on!

--Weasel, "Time to par-tay, bay-beeeee!!"

4 comments:

Evil King Macrocranios said...

I got a little thrown when Blogspot tagged this as a Thursday post and it starts out "today we got up early and did the class" and I'm all, holy crap it's barely 7:30 am Thursday morning and you already built your figure! Then I realized you were talking about Wednesday. Did you recognize anyone else at the class?

Today's my library day. I'm in no rush to check in because my reg. number is 2101 and they don't even have pre-reg pickup lines listed for numbers that high. I figure I'll show up at 9pm.

Weasel said...

Yeah, the time change is throwing me off a little. I'm not used to Eastern Time anymore!

Didn't really recongnize anyone there, except Prime and the instructor/help. I'm pretty much a n00b when it comes to the whole customization thing. It was fun, though. (I don't suck as much as I originally thought.)

At 9 tonight we'll probably still be standing in line at the club store, knowing my luck. If I'm still there, you'll probably see me, grinning like a doofus, hubby in tow. :)

Methusalen said...

After finding out who the Customizing Class figure is I am jealous of you two and your G2 Sideswipe (especially since I picked up a G2 SS recently to add to my collection)!

Some people on the Dairycon board mentioned an article on the Customizing Class and thought it was pretty neat that not only was the instructor called by name, but so was the person who made the custom stickers for it!

Hope you guys have fun down there, and I'll be glued to your blog (and the fansites) as you all post pics & news/reviews of the show!

Weasel said...

It was a lot of fun, believe me. At first I thought I was going to be as useful to Prime as a football bat, but I actually helped. And had a blast. XD