Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day One

This was my "down" day, so to speak. Prime headed downstairs at around a little after 8 to help with today's customization class and to get the paint on our G2 'Swipe touched up a bit, while I camped out here. My job? Stay here and wait for DA.

At around 1:30, I heard a knock at the door. It was none other than DA, bearing cups of awesome. He was sporting a short purple mohawk and had gone to Starbucks. Yes, DA is freakin' awesome like that. He came in, got a bit settled, I hugged the hell out of him (I pretty much always do), he showed me some pics he got of the oil spill in the Gulf and we started chatting.

We talked for damn near two hours.

The topics ranged from the zany to the serious. We went from laughing, to waxing nostalgic to occasionally touching topics that could be considered rather deep. Most of the time we laughed, a couple of times I felt a bit like crying. It was something I really needed. You have no idea how badly I needed this. I feel so much better right now.

At four, I headed down to get into the line for the club store. DA caught up with me a bit later and I was joined by Prime a little bit later. (Prime's not feeling too great right now. I am trying not to act worried. I think I'm failing at it.)

I was the first in the number two credit card line. I got my stuff and took it all over to a nearby table to organize it. As I was organizing everything, I looked up and caught a glimpse of the back corner of the dealer room.

I saw yellow. And gold.
The gold belonged to this little guy, while the the yellow belonged to...

A Camaro.
Bumblebee is here. In both forms.

I'm surprised everyone in the room didn't hear my gasp. It was all I could do not to race behind the tables and into the dealer room just to throw my arms around the both of them. I managed to yelp out, "Honey, he's here!"

Prime: (still in line and looking confused) "Who?"

Me: "BUMBLEBEE!"

Prime's dreading tomorrow a little. There's a private dealer room experience at two o'clock tomorrow and I'll be there, snapping pics. I'll try not to throw myself at the car and hug it too tightly. XD

After Prime got his items, we headed back to the hotel, I went on a food run, went downstairs to swap out a couple of damaged items for better ones and came back to the room. Prime's crashed out right now as I'm blogging. And DA helped a little bit with my magnum opus. (Needed a word check. Gracias, DA!) It's wonderful. I wish this would never end.

This is why I love BotCon. It's not the convention, it's not the toys. It's the experience and the people that make it special. I can barely wait for tomorrow.

--Weasel, stopping her post before she gets too sappy because she totally will get sappy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[Late report]. Some say laughter is the best medicine. If it is, we were having a good supplement of it from the get-go!

Too bad for Prime, for this to happen at BotCon of all places. Hopefully this will be a brief spell so he can enjoy the show. :)

~daiAtlas, the "DA" Silverwynde talks about...

Weasel said...

He's feeling a bit better now, but he had to put in for vacation for the rest of the week. Doctor's orders. He needs rest.

I kept telling him that it wouldn't have been so bad if I had caught it. Working in retail, you kinda learn to soldier through that sort of thing; I probably would have been okay. Cranky, but okay. It's not awesome that he had to deal with this slag. =/