Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Thanks for the Memories

It is with a heavy heart that I post this: Robert O. Smith, the voice of Soundwave from Transformers: Cybertron, has passed away. To some, he will be the master DJ from Planet X, but to me he will always be known as Genma Saotome from Ranma 1/2.

Ranma was a huge part of my teenage/young adult years. There are a lot of memories attached to that series; it was one of my first hardcore forays into anime. Hearing this news is a bit like hearing I've lost a family member. I never got the chance to tell him how much I enjoyed his voice work and how many fond memories of Ranma I have. I wish I could have at least told him 'thank you'.

Since I didn't have the chance anywhere else, I'll say it here: Thank you, Mr. Smith. For everything. I just wish I could have told you that when it really counted. I'll miss you.

No comments: