Monday, June 21, 2010

Counting Down the Hours

Before you ask: yes, that is the correct time. I've been up for the past hour. If you know me well, you know it's damn near impossible to get my ass out of bed at a decent time. So yeah, pretty slagging excited here!

Today's zero hour. Prime and I will be making final preps for our trip to Orlando and BotCon. I'll have to pack Prime's suitcase (I've pretty much been packed since last year!), we'll have to get Alexa ready, and we'll have to grab a few last minute items.

I can hardly wait. Even though tomorrow we'll have to deal with a three hour layover in Atlanta, I'm still excited as hell. I'll just use that lovely layover as writing time. I've got an idea for a future story that's going to have a scene in something similar to an airport, so I can just scribble a few things down for future reference. I'll just need to find an outlet so Alexa's battery doesn't run dry.

When we get to Orlando, I'll try and make a quick update... if only to tell you how frickin' bad the flight was. Wish me luck; we all know how bad I am at getting on board airplanes!

And to all my friends who will be there, consider this your warnings: you're gonna get hugged and I'm gonna scream my head off during the Hall of Fame ceremony when Bumblebee gets inducted. (Hey, I'm sure there will be people screaming for Optimus, Megatron and Starscream. I'll just be super-loud when it comes to my 'bot. It's been 26 years. He's earned this honor, IMNSHO.)

For now, I leave you with a quick "See y'all in Florida" and some awesome music. Ciao!

--Weasel, counting down the very seconds now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is now 10:37pm PT, 06/23/10. I am at Sacramento Int'l Airport (SMF), using Ordinator & the free Wi-Fi here. I'm waiting to board my Continental flight tonight at 11:55pm to Houston, TX, then to Orlando, FL. I know it'll be hard to sleep tonight, but I'll try, as I fly across North America to be with some of the best people around!:)

~daiAtlas

Weasel said...

Atlanta had wi-fi, but you had to pay. That really sucked. We bought a 24 hour pass, though.

I think I actually slept on my flights; I know for a fact I nearly dozed off in Atlanta. Of course, only having 3 hours of sleep will do that to you. :)